Sunday 8 September 2013

Miracles through Equine Therapy

A few years ago I had the privilege of being able to assist at SARDA(South African Riding for the Disabled Association) Highveld, while living in Westrand, Gauteng. The organisation provides therapeutic horse riding lessons for disables and terminally ill children. The positive affects of the therapy were tangible and easily seen by all of the volunteers over the time that we offered to the organisation, and years later, I am entirely in support of therapy through equine arts.

After moving to the Garden Route I had therapeutic riding on my heart for many months, trying to figure out where and how I can offer this miracle to children in the area that could benefit from it. That is how I found Rainbow Riders, a group of passionate volunteers using limited resources and offering of their time on Tuesday's and Wednesday's to heal children with therapeutic horse rides.

I am so excited to get involved with Rainbow Riders and the selfless work they are doing in the George, Eden area. Follow the link to their Facebook page below for more information.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rainbow-Riders/286908697998226

No comments:

Post a Comment